Culture Stories (“Culture Stories”, “we”) respects the privacy rights of its online visitors (“you”). We want to provide you the following information, so you know how we collect and store data received from you on our site.
Please note that our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our site.
2. What We May Collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you put into forms or surveys on our site at any time;
- A record of any correspondence between us;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site;
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources you use;
- Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
3. What About Cookies?
There are two types of cookies:
‘Session cookies’ allow us to track your actions during a single browsing session, but they do not remain on your device afterwards.
‘Persistent cookies’ remain on your device between sessions. We use them to authenticate you and to remember your preferences. We can also use them to balance the load on our servers and improve your experience on our site.
By using our website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device and access them when you visit our site in the future.
If at any time you wish to disable our cookies, you may do so through the settings on your browser (but if you do so you might not be able to use certain important features of our service).
4. How We Use What We Collect
We use information about you to:
- Present site content effectively to you;
- Provide information, products and services that you request, or (with your consent) which we think may interest you;
- Carry out our contracts with you;
- Allow you to use our interactive services if you want to;
- Tell you our charges;
- Tell you about other goods and services that might interest you. We will also let other people do this, and we (or they) may contact you.
If you are already our customer, we will only contact you electronically about things similar to what was previously sold to you.
If you are a new customer, you will only be contacted if you agree to it.
If you don’t want to be contacted for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box that you will find on screen.
We will never sell your details to third party marketing companies.
5. Marketing Opt-in and Opt-out Provision
Should you decide to register with us, you will be given an option to opt-out of subscribing to our regular update service which we will send you.
At all times we will offer you the opportunity to unsubscribe out of any service or update to which you have subscribed, if you change your mind. Simply follow the indications in the email or email us at email@example.com.
6. How We Safeguard Your Information
We will take reasonable care to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the privacy and security of the information you have provided us with.
Payment will be encrypted. If we give you a password, you must keep it confidential. Please don’t share it.
7. Disclosing Your Information
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- If we want to sell our business, or our company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer;
- We can disclose it to other businesses in our group;
- We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights;
- We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks.
8. Where You Can Ask Further Questions
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to see information we hold about you. We can charge you a fee (£10) for this service.